Jan 24, 2009

First day

After my long trip over Doha I arrived yesterday eve in Singapore. Taking a taxi to the Plaza Apartment Building costed approx. 9€ and the taxi was very convenient because of my luggage (24.5kg plus hell know how much hand luggage) and because taxis have air con.

I rented a room from a German girl whom I found on StudiVZ who is now on vacation on Bali for a week. And I already had a viewing for a room in a 4 bedroom flat where nobody is staying at the moment. I would then have a direct bus connection to my working place (around 20min ride)... Lets see, if I find something better in the next days.

Casa for now:





I also went to the Harbour as you will see in another post just to see the colour of the water. I will probably go to the beach tomorrow. During the day it is very hot and humid, but in the eve it is ok and one can go with jeans and shirt wout sweating like a fountain :-)




My workplace:
My workplace neighbours :-)






Here some impressions from my night digestion walk:









In Case I will get homesick, some Weizen will be served here.. :-D

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Sehr geil!! Ich beneide dich um das Wetter, sieht alles sehr cool aus. Du wohnst ja da ganz schön weit oben...
Wir bleiben leider hier, haben für die Kanaren nich so die guten Angebote gefunden und Mira wollte absolut nicht nach Ägypten. Schade.
LG aus Kölle

Anonymous said...

In case of "I rented a room..." you mean "I rent a room...", right? ;)

Keep a nice time in Singapore!

Greeting from Aachen

Олечка said...

Great pics! :)
Looking forward for your other adventuries and discoveries

Vadim said...

@Phil: Weit oben ja, aber nicht für lange :-)
Falls ich mich für die Whg entscheide, die ich gestern geschaut habe, wird es 5. Stock (von insgesamt 6)...

@Minstyle: Jann, I think that rent is a regular verb...

@Olechka: Adventures will follow :-D

Anonymous said...

"night digestion walk"- erinnert mich irgendwie an Stockholm, wo du ja auch nicht gerade ein grosses Schlafbedürfnis hattest :-)

Aber coole Fotos, gerade die Nachtimpressionen (-> Insomnie, die). Dann erstmal viel Erfolg bei der Wohnungssuche und

Lg, Volker

Vadim said...

Ich habe keine Schlafstörungen!!

Nur einen Jetlag vllt ;-)

Anonymous said...

*lol*
Ok, dann bin ich beruhigt.

Anonymous said...

Hey Vadim!

Sieht alles sehr gut aus bei Dir!
Genieß die Zeit und zeig uns mehr!

Grüß1,
Daniel