I know that this blog was a bit abandoned during the last couple of weeks, but I will try to post more frequently in the coming weeks of my stay in Singapore.
I think I still owe some stories about my internship.
So far everything is mostly as good as expected. I get an insight in Transaction Services (they operate here within the M&A Department) and in Singapore as well as other parts of APAC. The colleagues are nice and willingly share their knowledge and try to involve me.
At the moment there is another local intern in my department but she will leave soon. Most of the intern here who are local just finished school and do an internship as a kind of orientation to see whether they are going to study a particular subject for good. But I also met students like myself who are more or less at the end of their studies and have financial background.
The first two weeks the other intern and I were sitting together in a partner’s office because our desks were occupied by previous interns. This was really nice because we had a big window with a nice view of the bay area and the harbour with hundreds of ships queuing to (un)load. Now we are in the same open space office as other colleagues because only partner’s have separate rooms with a door that can be closed :) The desk is big but the space between the rows is not very huge. From time to time one hear a voice like in the supermarket or shopping mall (meaning that it starts with a four-note-“melody”) telling that a person should contact a certain extension... (I allow you all to make conclusions about my feelings regarding this.) The aircon is at full power the whole day and automatically shuts down at 6pm but can be restarted manually in case people have to stay longer and it get too hot...
I visited two sessions at Bloomberg’s office to learn how to use the terminals (we have two here) and will visit several others. It is a great “tool” with infinite possibilities. Very useful! I am disappointed that we don’t have it at our university though (SMU has two!)
Working hours are so far ok LOL
After-work life will be covered in another post :)
Feb 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment